Saturday, May 30, 2009

Seize the day.

A close family friend passed away this morning. My family and I were really saddened when we heard the news. She was a wonderful friend of my dad's and my brother & I grew up together with her kids - Shan and Xiang.

The last time I saw her was during Shanshan's 11th birthday earlier this year. She still looked fine. She suffered brain cancer, was going on treatment but she was nevertheless bubbly as ever. She's the crazy one among my dad's friends. The adventurous one when it comes to food.

She doesnt know the Lord, and actually that makes me sadder. But I pray deep down that God will forgive her because indeed she has been a wonderful generous lady. But all of that isnt for me to decide. Jesus takes control of that. We can just pray the best for her family. Uncle Wong, Shan and Xiang are great people. I just hope they'll feel better at this point of time though it may seem to be the saddest moment of their lives- losing their beloved mother and wife.

And i was listening to Seize the day by Avenged Sevenfold, one of my favourite songs of all time and the song came more meaningful to me. SEIZE the day meaning getting hold of everyday. Appreciating everything and everyone in life. But of course the lyrics didnt really relate to this matter. Just that i find the title very meaningful.

Lately we've been hearing news of her starting to get worse and then today, she.. passed away. Her death sort of struck me that human life IS short. Mum's right. We have to make the best out of this life. I think I better stop here before I get more emotional.

May her soul rest in peace.

No comments: